The Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute Community is not a medical provider or provider of any services other than the Message Board and the Member Search. We do not endorse or recommend the products or services of any particular health care provider or evaluate or determine your or your patients’ need for any particular product, service or information. We do not give individual medical, therapeutic or other medical-related advice or advocate any particular treatment or course of treatments, diagnosis, cure, therapy or other related product or service for any individual patient or practitioner.
You understand that all information publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Member Community is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated and that the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute will not be liable for any errors or omissions in any content. You understand and agree that you will evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
You further acknowledge and agree that, beyond providing and facilitating Member Community, the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute has no control over or oversight of, and will not participate or otherwise be involved in, your dealings with any other Member. Any outside communications, transactions or other dealings that you may have or enter into with any other user of Member Community are solely between you and such other user.
The Member profile is used to tailor content (online and offline), and as a way to search for other members of the community with similar backgrounds, patient populations, and professional interests. Members (and faculty) can conduct searches and invite colleagues to join their "community"—a personal network of invited Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute registered Members. You do not have to accept another Member’s invitation to join their network, and users are only allowed to send two invitations to the same person; if the person does not respond, you cannot pursue the connection further through the Member Community.
You can access, check, update, change and delete your Member Profile at any time by logging in to the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute Member Center and choosing to "Edit My Profile." Please be sure before deleting your profile, as your access to the Center —and your invited Community—will also be removed. Re-entry into the Johnson & Johnson Institute Center will require re-registration.
You agree not to use the Community to:
- Falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations.
- Pursue any illegal purpose, including but not limited to conspiring to violate any applicable laws or regulations.
- Initiate communications that include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available (such as personally identifiable patient information, or confidential information learned under nondisclosure agreements).
- Harass or stalk anyone, including but not limited to not pursuing a member that has refused an invitation to connect with you. You can request connections with members up to two times. If both invitations are denied, you may no longer request a connection with that member.
- Make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation. This prohibition includes but is not limited to a) Sending unsolicited promotional messages and b) Sending messages to distribution lists, newsgroup aliases, or group aliases.
- Post, disseminate, or transmit any Content that includes or promotes an “off-label” or unapproved use of a drug, device or other medical product;
- Post any patient’s personally identifiable information if you are a health care provider;
- Post, disseminate, or transmit any Content that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, harmful, tortious, libelous, or invasive of another's privacy;
- Post, disseminate, or transmit any Content that infringes or violates any party's copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or other proprietary right, including, but not limited to, using third-party copyrighted materials without appropriate permission or attribution, using third-party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, and using or distributing third-party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality;
- Post, disseminate, or transmit any worms, viruses, or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files, code, or programs;
- Post, disseminate, or transmit any advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, spam, junk mail, or any other type of unsolicited mass e-mail to people or entities that have not agreed to be part of such mailings;
- Impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; intentionally omit, delete, forge, or misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return mailing, and Internet protocol addresses; or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Web site;
- Interfere with, disrupt, or harm in any way the Web site or servers or networks connected to the Web site;
- Attack the character or damage the reputation of other members, name-call, insult, ridicule, mock, electronically stalk or otherwise harass another user;
- Engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to collecting and distributing information about other users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law;
- Use the Web site for any illegal purpose, or violate any applicable local, state, national, foreign or international law or regulation, intentionally or unintentionally;
- Use any community areas to buy or solicit any goods, services, or money to advertise or sell products or services of others;
- Post on behalf of a banned member, or you may also be banned without notice or warning.
- Post, disseminate, or transmit any content that includes or promotes discussion about reimbursement in any way;
- Post in a language other than English.
If you violate these User Conduct Guidelines, community staff will contact you. Your actions may result in a warning, suspension, or permanent banning from participation in the community. If you see a message you believe violates our guidelines please use the “alert” function available in the “reply” menu, or contact us.
By posting Content to the Web site or by transmitting Content using the Web site, you (1) represent and warrant that you have obtained all necessary licenses, consents, waivers, releases, authorizations and/or permissions to post or transmit Content; and (2) grant to the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute, LLC an irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, fully sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, transmit, publicly perform, and publicly display such Content (in whole or part) and/or to incorporate it (in whole or in part) in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
You acknowledge that the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute Community contains the opinions and views of other users. You acknowledge further that the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy of any user messages on the Web site. You understand and agree that you will evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
You acknowledge and agree that, beyond providing and facilitating the message board, the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute, LLC has no control over or oversight of, and will not participate or otherwise be involved in, your dealings with any other users. Any outside communications, transactions or other dealings that you may have or enter into with any other user of the message board are solely between you and such other user.
You agree that the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute, LLC may establish, in its sole discretion and without prior notice to you, a maximum amount of storage space for Content maintained, disseminated, or transmitted through the Web site. You agree that the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute, LLC has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of or failure to store any messages, communications, or other Content maintained, disseminated, or transmitted through the Web site.